Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Baby Girl is Growing up!

This is my baby girl's LAST WEEK of Preschool!!!!! It feels like just yesterday I was worrying about her STARTING school....and now she's completed it! Her first year of school.....under her belt. She's grown so much....handwriting has drastically improved...she's come out of her shell socially and now has friends and isnt afraid of other kids in her "space".... and she's starting to read as well. So proud! Hard to believe in 3 months she will be starting Kindergarten. Oh My. She graduates next week. Awww......

We went to our first Airshow last Saturday (well, first for Paige and I). Cool stuff. Of course Miss Complainer was in full force 5 minutes there. Always about food. She spotted someone with cotton candy and wouldn't let up about it...like usual, which to her meant the ENTIRE DAY SUCKED because she didn't get the candy treat she wanted. Why oh why? *sigh*. I can't wait for this ungrateful stage to get over with!

Paige was exposed to Fifth's Disease at school-- I got tested for it last Friday to see if I am immune, and have to wait til this Friday for the results. Add that on top of Mike being diagnosed with Strep Throat AGAIN (he had it back in February too). Sickies be gone!! I woke Saturday with a sore throat....and felt a bit panicked of course with all the germs around me. I had a slight fever Saturday & Sunday (99.7 was the highest it got)...and just felt dumpy.....so I spent much of Saturday evening and Sunday chilling at home. Feeling better now... pretty sure it's just a cold, as now I have some congestion & a stuffy nose full of green snot. Lovely, eh? Who catches a COLD in JUNE?!

Dylan's bedding arrived today! I fell in love with it online...and yet again. I discovered today after receiving it, that the "white" parts of the quilt & bumper, as well as the animals are all plush and fuzzy soft! Soooo cute!

Of course baby boy is no where close to HAVING a room. While we now finally have a laundry room in the basement, the office portion hasnt been touched yet.....so his "room" is still a mess, aka the office. Tick Tock!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Aww! That bedding is SO CUTE!! What a score!

The air show sounds like fun.

I can't believe everyone's going to kindergarten! I'm relieved that Max isn't going til next year. :)
Hope you're feeling better soon!

Erin said...

Do I get credit for your fantastic find? ;-)

Vicki said...

Hah! Yes...Erin gets all credit for Directing me to Ebay!!! Within 20 minutes I found, bid on, and bought the bedding. LOL.