I've been on high irritation level ...for the past week or so. Perhaps it's stress....which really...life isn't persay "stressful"....but rather...i have an overwhelming "to do" list at home...and 30+ people coming to my home next week. Most of the projects see no completion in sight because of lack of time or manpower (i.e. paint the exterior of our house--trim is done, the bulk of the house STILL needs to be painted...3 years after we moved in.). I had hoped to get SO MUCH more done before mid-August this year. I wanted to show my place off. Everyone that is coming hasnt seen our house since LAST AUGUST (yes, my familiar, with the exception of my Mom, never comes to visit-- Mike's neither). So...i hoped we'd have accomplished SOMETHING in the last year.
Nada--same scuzzy retro yellow kitchen floor, same unstained cabinet that we all marveled over last year that Mike made...and I kept commenting that "i just need to throw some stain on it and it'll fit right in!".....never happened. Basement is still unfinished. House unpainted. Yard projects still the same.
So what happened? Laziness.....rain..... lots of mo'fo' rain....fleas..... life.....just life. We've had an obnoxious amount of rain this summer.... making it hardly feel like "summer" until just recently. Havent even needed to install our AC units...its been THAT mild of a summer. I wont complain tho....Spring came mega early this year. By Mid-March, it was sunshiney and warm....a rare spring occurance up North. So we've been in the "comfortable" weather pattern for many months now. Woulda been nice if it werent so soggy out there though!
Ive worked a lot of weekends...which is usual for the radio biz and summertime. Then the flea issue....took up over a month of our lives...and still traces here and there. We still have NO curtains on our windows (dont want to put them back on until we are 110% sure all is better)...the house has echoed for over a month. No throw pillows, cushy blankets.....none of those things that makes a house feel like a cozy home. Everything has been washed, some several times....EVERYTHING....even every freakin' piece of baby doll clothing, stuffed animal, fabric play-purses...you name it. We *feel* the worst is over....they just seem to linger on Buster's obnoxiously THICK fur. But I dont wanna jinx myself any further ...as I feel someone cursed this upon us.. :-P...so Ill stop this portion of the post here.
Anyhow... I wanted MORE to show for a year of progress to all of these people. And it's bugging me inside that it all just never happened. Petty...I know. I know everyone is coming up to see each other....to have some food and mingle....to drink and party afterward (that would be my rowdy crazy family...LOL)....and of course...EVERYONE wants to see our awesome soon to be 4 year old. Really...forget me and Mike...it's all about the kid, ya know? LOL. Hehe. Its cool tho.
I should retitle this blog "My vents"....;-)
Will be back with randomness. Need to get the lil chica out of the tub, and into bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment