So today I wrapped up my final journey through maternity. Bittersweet....my heart feels a bit sad...yet my mind is relieved. While it's what I wanted and couldnt wait for it, I need to really work on wrapping my mind around the fact that its DONE.....we have what we wanted and worked so hard for....and NOW is the start of the rest of our lives! :-)
I had my 6 week post-partum appointment this morning. All is well, I am fully healed, and have lost all my pregnancy weight! I gained 40 lbs total during this pregnancy...and am right back to where I was 1 year ago at this time. However, I started overweight, so I still have a good 25-30 lbs to go before I am at a healthy-me weight. That is my next goal. Now that I have been cleared to exercise again, I can now work on a routine to get there.
It's a bittersweet day. 1 year ago, I was in tears and anguish that we were still struggling to GET pregnant. And now.....I have a healthy, happy baby boy.... am fully healed and healthy....and have the family of 4 we worked so hard for.
The end of the journey has arrived. The journey of child-bearing. 2 amazing, fun, bloated, exciting, yet at the same time often uncomfortable journeys. Both resulting in 2 perfect and beautiful children. I thank my body, and my husband, for making this all possible. :-)
Now we close the door on that stage...and open the door to raising my 2 children...to life as 4.....to family trips, vacations, holidays, and everything in between....... .to enjoying them fully, and not looking back.
Today I had my last appointment in Women's Health....and walked slowly as I left the hallway full of bustling Obstetricians, Mid-wives and prenatal nurses. I smiled and waved at Tracey the receptionist as I left.....she was always at that desk every time I'd check in throughout my entire pregnancy..... she shared my tears & frustrations when I checked in those last few times in October...OVERDUE and HUGE..........I left the 2nd floor today, feeling accomplished.
Today I visited Labor & Delivery in the hospital one last time.....as I returned my pump to the lactation department. As I pushed the button to the big wooden electric doors one last time....I stopped and took it all in......and slowly left the maternity ward one last time.... sure to remember it all. :-)
Enough savoring...... We are now complete.... and it's time to enjoy it!
1 comment:
I can totally relate!!
Post a Comment