Monday, April 12, 2010

Back to square one on baby girl names....

So....my husband shot down my top baby girl name (he says Olivia Katherine is "little black girl's name"....arg- nice, huh? He says it reminds him of the little girl on the Cosby Show). He doesn't like my "back up names" (Avery or Peyton) either. And now, I must start from square one.

I dont care much for the Makenna, Mikayla, Madison, Madelyn, Addison, Kaleigh, Kylee, Ella, Bella, Emma, cutesy name craze. Im not a fan of "flower" names. I am browsing name threads and websites and NOTHING is popping out at me.

I thought Olivia Katherine flowed well with Paige Elizabeth. But now Im back to nothing. Hmmmm.... ..... There really are no usable "family" names. All of our grandmas have "old" names like Ruth and Elsie and Gladyss. LOL. Katherine I got from my Great Great Grandmother's name- as well as my Great Grandmother's middle name (which was actually Katrazyna-- they were Polish, and the name translates to Katherine in English). Middle names to us, always have a family meaning. Paige's middle name is my Grandmother's middle name.

We cant find our little baby names book, and of course my husband just like to yea & nay names but NEVER has any to suggest. So I'm on the look out....

BTW, he's so set that this is girl again, he doesn't care what boy names I have chosen. LOL.

No comments: