What is it about retail therapy that makes one feel more in control of life? I think it has to do with spending your hard earned cash on items you WANT to...rather than the bills you NEED to. Of course, whenever I "retail therapy"....i rarely EVER buy anything for myself.....its about 95% of the time something for the kids....!! I really dearly need new clothes that fit me properly...but trying on clothes really depresses me since the image in my head does NOT match the reality in the mirror....
And of course I got a lil bargain high....cause I went in armed with a handful of coupons that expire in 2 days...so I stocked up on baby wipes, flushable wipes, and Sprout Organic baby food. Plus I got D a new bottle, medium flow nipples and some formula. So yea....didn't spend anything on myself....but I got out ...to the store....alone.....and saved. OK...feeling a bit better.
I also played "coupon fairy". I had a handful of diaper coupons that expire on 3/31 that I couldn't use (thanks to the AWESOME deals I got on Amazon!)....so I randomly stuck them onto diaper packages throughout the aisle. I hope it makes some one's day...even if just one person!
Back in the office...need to get some work done. I was supposed to finally get my hair cut and colored tonight, but the stylist canceled on me last night. I was soooo bummed out I almost cried. Seriously. She does it out of her house, and I can bring the kids with me.....and she does a great job... so I shouldn't really complain.... but now i need to wait yet another week. My hair hasn't been colored in OVER a year...and my last haircut was 6 months ago. My monster thick hair is a MESS. ARG. Another week of sagging messy pony tails....
No comments:
Post a Comment