- My ticker today says "38 days to go". Holy crap. 38 DAYS?! And we all know that could mean LESS than 38 days. Part of me is ready. Part of me is nervous. Part of me is off the walls excited. Part of me is sad that the being pregnant part of my life will be done and a thing of the past. Part of me is READY TO BE DONE! Hard to believe a year ago at this time, we were still struggling to TTC. The anger, tears and frustration are still clear in my mind. And here I sit..... at my desk at work....one year later....with swollen feet & ankles and a big belly.... waiting for the arrival of my son in just a few more weeks.
Awesomeness. :-)
- Paige had her first friends-only birthday party this past Sunday. The rain ruined our outdoor water-play plans....but we made-do and the kids played inside instead....and it went well! They played with EVERY toy they could find in her room and the playroom...LOL. I also set-up the Play-Doh....and let them decorate their own cupcakes with candies, sprinkles, and gels. It was a hit. It was also nice to just be able to chat with the parents and hang out.
- My baby girl starts full-time Kindergarten a week from today. Oh my!!!! This Mama will certainly be an emotional mess as I walk her to her class that morning. I'm already getting teary eyed just TYPING this! I need to stay strong....cause if she sees me crying, she'll cry too!
- My niece is having a BOY! He's due Jan 20th (which is my Dad's B'day!)....and will be Mathew, Jr. I told her to expect hand-me-downs at every holiday from Dylan. Hehe.
- The annual Family Birthday BBQ bash was a success. Everyone was super helpful and the weather was perfect. Not as many people stayed...but we still made-do and had fun. Mike, Alex & Mat put on an awesome fireworks show on Saturday night! Paige got a TON of stuff, like usual.
- Jenn & Chris brought us all of my nephew's old stuff. (He'll be 3 soon!). Bags and Bags of baby boy clothes...shoes....blankets.... swing....bassinet.... activity mat(s).... toys.... boppy(s)....bumbo. So amazingly awesome...and we are so thankful. I've officially begun nesting and have been doing a load of baby clothes every night. Last night I put away my first load of laundry into his dresser drawers! :-)
I should probably get back to work..... 34 week appt this afternoon.... Paige will go with me to this one!
1 comment:
So exciting Vicki!!
I can't believe it's going to be so soon! I predict he's going to come early since you're already measuring so far ahead. My prediction date is September 22. :)
Yay for Paige having a great birthday! It's so fun, isn't it?? We did Max's at a Dinosaur Museum and he had an absolute blast! Now I've got to get ready for Hudson's bday which we're postponing til Gerritt gets back. Can't believe he's going to be 3!
Is there anything you still need for baby boy?
Post a Comment